You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rockwell RS23160 Differential Pinion Leak

(10-04-2023, 09:43 AM)Richard Wrote:  My .02 for whatever it’s worth. Both Newells I have owned had a TON of lash in the diff.

You might think about easy first. Replace the seal. Check the carrier for free play at the shaft while you have the driveshaft loose.

That coach had an unusual mileage pattern. He would drive it to New Mexico and back once a year. And to Florida and back once a year. Then it would sit, in the Texas heat, the rest of the time. It could be as simple as a dried out seal.

Yea, I was thinking about that myself. I was also thinking of just pulling the carrier and inspecting myself before sending it to the “experts”. My parts buddy says he knows who to send it to, but sometimes the folks that were at those places years ago are no longer there and I do not want to be out my diff being held hostage by a shop I cannot control. I have control issues ?, that’s why I started doing all my own work in the first place!

I think I am also going to have my buddy drive it and then I can go to the back and listen for any abnormal gear train whine etc.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Messages In This Thread