You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Power Steering/Hydraulic System

Hmmm, the tank holds just over two gallons. When you remove the filter, everything in the tank will dump so have something to catch it in. I have changed the filter a couple of times, and I don’t get the impression that much of the fluid in the lines or components drain, based upon the observation that when I refill the tank, it goes down about a quart or two when the engine is cranked.

I just changed that filter last week. I used the same Wix filter. Be aware it has a square seal ring, and the seal ring fits into the housing, not on top of the filter.

It is my LEAST favorite maintenance item cause I have not found a way to avoid a mess, and I hate ATF showers.

This is my OPINION, I don’t know that synthetic ATF is worth the extra $$$$ for this application, but everyone has their opinion.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Power Steering/Hydraulic System - by [email protected] - 03-04-2024, 03:48 PM
RE: Power Steering/Hydraulic System - by Richard - 03-04-2024, 05:30 PM
RE: Power Steering/Hydraulic System - by [email protected] - 03-05-2024, 07:09 AM
RE: Power Steering/Hydraulic System - by Richard - 03-05-2024, 07:43 AM
RE: Power Steering/Hydraulic System - by [email protected] - 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM