You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

96 Newell engine turning over great but not firing u

(06-15-2024, 09:07 AM)Shamu406 Wrote:  Hey Bob,
The DDEC buttons in the rear elec. panel next to engine were pushed in, as they should be, but I also pushed them in and out a few anyway, now Im getting the engine check light, but no start.
Previously,  I would always get an amber colored light come on (pre lit?) and wait til it went out to start. Not happening currently. 
Frustrated.

Time to get out a test light or volt meter and go to the back side of the DDEC buttons and see if they have 12v power. If no power on both terminals of those then you need to trace them out and see where they are not connected. As has been mentioned there is also an ignition signal that has to make it to the ECM or it will not fire. That wire probably goes directly to the ECM via a wire loom if I had to guess. Since the only thing you did was mess with the batteries I would check those DDEC buttons first for power. If you do not have a test light or voltmeter now is the time to get one, its going to save you some trouble shooting time.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Messages In This Thread