You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

coolant leak under dash somewhere

hi all,

i had a couple of different threads on here about coolant leaks i have fixed. the big one being at the engine coolant hoses. i dont appear to have any leaks in the engine area now.

we arrived at our daughters yesterday and parked in front of her house. after a few hours there was a spot on the ground about 10" in diameter of coolant just under the nose of the coach just to the passenger side of the drivers side headlights.

so like suspected, there is a leak under the dash somewhere. i never once turned the heater core on during the drive, so i hope the leak is before the heater core, assumming the isolation valve that the dash control works is working. but, it must be because i ran the air conditioning and it worked on the dash.

so a nice winter project for me. i will figure it out. this next week after getting things settled at home i will take the top of the dash off and have a look. maybe i will get lucky, who knows.

so, a few questions.

1. has anyone removed the dash on one of my vintage to get at the heater core? if so, let me know so i can call you and you cant talk me through it.

2. just in case, do any of you have the part number for the heater core itself? or any information about it?

we will head to our house this afternoon, ending our 120 day trip in the newell.

so, let me know if you have any info about the dash heater.

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
coolant leak under dash somewhere - by encantotom - 09-28-2013, 07:13 AM
RE: coolant leak under dash somewhere - by lbrachfe - 09-28-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: coolant leak under dash somewhere - by encantotom - 09-28-2013, 09:02 AM
RE: coolant leak under dash somewhere - by lbrachfe - 09-28-2013, 03:24 PM
RE: coolant leak under dash somewhere - by encantotom - 09-28-2013, 08:09 PM