You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

coolant leak under dash somewhere

Tom,
I did it when my inlet hose to the heater core clamp worked it's way off and I had coolant coming into the compressor compartment below the copilot. It is not a hard fix and you can turn off the fluid to the core in the engine compartment on the left of the engine at knee level you will see a monoblock with 4 turn valves. Just above it is a Newell made diagram on a plastic sheet that shows which hose valve is which. after turning this off you will have no more fluid from the dash.
When removing start from the side and pull straight up on the 2 inch x-mas tree clips holding the top on. Newell has them if you break any. Pull each one out of the metal insert they fit into. They don't move easy at first but after you get a few the whole thing will come up. Then you will see the core and hoses under all the wire spaghetti. I just replace and double clamped the hoses and was done. I also straightend out much of my crimped or crushed a/c and heat ducts and cleaned 8 years of debris collection. Getting the top on is a little eaiser aand the "trees" just push into the metal jackets.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Messages In This Thread
coolant leak under dash somewhere - by encantotom - 09-28-2013, 07:13 AM
RE: coolant leak under dash somewhere - by lbrachfe - 09-28-2013, 07:34 AM