You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

generator stalling when moving sometimes

hi all,

i had a problem that i fixed earlier this summer but thought you might be interested in it.

my genny would run all day long sitting still. however, on startup it would start, then pause like it was choking, then it would rev back up and be ok.

however, as soon as i would drive off with the genny running, it would shut power down. as we watched it more (thanks michael) it would come back on in 50 seconds (the power that is) and that was the time for the power monitor/protection system in the transfer switch would wait before starting the power back.

we found that the gennymotor was stalling just enough for the power to drop below the voltage level that was set in the power monitor such that it would turn off the power to the coach to protect it.

for both issues it ended up being the electric fuel pump mounted on the genny that has an internal check valve that was bad causing fuel to drain back and choke the genny for a brief moment.

i got a new one from powertech and took about 15 min to install and it fixed everthing.

http://powertech.myshopify.com/products/...-fuel-pump

i ordered it directly from powertech.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread