You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Whatsnewell in South Dakota

Clarke and Elaine have arrived in our home town this weekend. We so enjoy spending time with them and hearing about their travels. We have had a couple of great dinners already with the Hockewalds. One was at a tiny but quaint place called Mama Lata's followed by desert at a national award winning pastry chefs place very near by. This evening my wife fixed us a fabulous meal of steak and swordfish. She is such a wonderful cook that I am spoiled.

Our lovely weather has taken a dive though as the wind has been a steady 20-30 MPH with a temperature that has now dropped and settled into the 40's. I are parked my coach next to Clarke's at the fairground camping area to work on projects and learn from the madter We did some outdoor projects today on the coaches until the rain chased us inside. Once inside though we did manage to stay productive and change out two of our electric heaters. I was glad to do this knowing they were both almost 30 years old and others had warned us to swap them out for safety reasons.

While we were changing the front heater inside the center counsel between the driver and passenger seats we found a switch and also some sort of plug that neither of us could identify. This is not unusual for me still being a newbie but even Clarke was stumped. I will try to upload some pics soon and we can play my favorite game of "can someone tell me what this is and what it does".

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Messages In This Thread
Whatsnewell in South Dakota - by Flick - 04-27-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: Whatsnewell in South Dakota - by whatsnewell - 04-28-2014, 09:08 AM
RE: Whatsnewell in South Dakota - by Retro - 04-28-2014, 09:20 AM
RE: Whatsnewell in South Dakota - by whatsnewell - 04-29-2014, 01:40 PM
RE: Whatsnewell in South Dakota - by Retro - 04-29-2014, 03:31 PM
RE: Whatsnewell in South Dakota - by whatsnewell - 04-29-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Whatsnewell in South Dakota - by Retro - 05-01-2014, 08:19 PM