You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hi all...

My wife and I do not yet own a Newell nor any of the competition (prevost, wanderlodge,etc) -- but are considering a Newell.. I'll admit that we've been eyeing Wanderlodges for a handful of years now but either didn't have funding or didn't find a model we really liked.

Anyway, after learning that the Newell's tend to get slightly better gas milage over equivalent hardware in a Wanderlodge, and with the fact that the mid 80's I find more appealing than the equivalent aged Wanderlodges, we're now on board here -- trying to get more info on models, features and whatnot.

I gather from the limited reading that some of these older Newells might have less than desirable engines (e.g. Cummins 555) that may have difficult to find parts and perhaps limited shops to work on them if needed.

I'm the kind of guy that likes to tinker and I don't mind getting my hands dirty. I'm not familiar with Diesel engines per-se but can certainly change fluids and the typical maintenance stuff without issue if I can get pointed into the right direction. Our current RV is a class C 24' long Lazy Daze -- I've removed all windows and rebuilt the seals and reinstalled along with some wall repair due to dry-rot and termites.. I'm not against doing this in bigger RVs and gather I shouldn't have as much of these sorts of issues with a Newell due to not having stud walls like the cheaper stick built units such as the one we have now.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be asking some stupid questions so please bear with me..

Messages In This Thread
Hi all... - by rickf - 10-06-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: Hi all... - by Fulltiming - 10-06-2014, 03:21 PM
RE: Hi all... - by rickf - 10-06-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Hi all... - by HoosierDaddy - 10-06-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: Hi all... - by Fulltiming - 10-06-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: Hi all... - by rickf - 10-09-2014, 08:49 PM