You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide Trim

this one has me really interested. mine has very few rivets and the skin is mostly held on with adhesive (except where the front and end caps are there are rivets).

on the rear slide at the top, the aluminum rolls over the edge and is adhesived on top of the piece going down. about 4" over the top. that separated about 6-8" across.

the same piece as russ's under the slide, a 2" strip or so was loose under the bedroom slide as well.

when i was at newell this summer i had them work on it. they tried using their adhesive on the slide room piece and it wouldnt stay. so they ended up using adeshive and 6-8 rivets. looks a little out of place but you have to look for it.

as for the trim piece under the bedroom slide the end came loose about a foot or so. they used a 2 part epoxy and glued it down, but it wasnt quite flush and has since come a little loose again and the end is overlapping the piece next to it like i think is pointed out above.

a few weeks ago i noticed above salon slide outside there was a bump of metal sticking out. it is the piece directly above the room slide and is sticking out quite a bit and is about a foot long from tail to tail and at the peak is sticking out about 1/2".

i know i will have to rivet this piece back down and it will also look a little odd being the only place with rivets.

i also assume that before i really understood how to put the slides out that i might have loosened it as it clipped edges. but who knows.

i just hope the rest of the coach doesnt start separating. i have heard that the places that are adhesived are supposed to be stronger than the metal itself. but i have seen enough to question it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
Slide Trim - by RussWhite - 09-13-2012, 09:35 AM
RE: Slide Trim - by rheavn - 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: Slide Trim - by Ozarkguy - 09-13-2012, 11:03 AM
RE: Slide Trim - by Chester Stone - 09-13-2012, 02:45 PM
RE: Slide Trim - by lbrachfe - 09-13-2012, 05:01 PM
RE: Slide Trim - by Chester Stone - 10-14-2012, 08:07 AM
RE: Slide Trim - by encantotom - 10-14-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Slide Trim - by RussWhite - 10-14-2012, 11:57 AM
RE: Slide Trim - by rheavn - 10-14-2012, 12:50 PM