You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Closed

Will you help me with a Non-Newell question?

I hope my first post is not inappropriate!

Newell Guru’s has been recommended to me a number of times as a place to find quality answers from people who know about quality motor-coaches.  I have hesitated to make a post because my question is not about Newell.  My hope is you will find my post to be well meaning and well intended!

I have known people through the years who have owned Prevost’s, Newell’s and Blue Bird Wanderlodge.  I’ve been in their coaches and sat in on many conversations that were informative and at times shall we say somewhat animated!  

From those conversations and things I’ve learned from the forums.  A semi-monocoque chassis is the single most important issue to the allover quality. Including ride, interior quite, mechanical and long term strength.

My wife and me are retired and plan to travel and live in our coach a minimum of 6 months a year.  At this point we have no plans to sell our home but who knows what the future will bring.  We know couples who live in their coaches year around who believe its as close to heaven on earth as you can get.  We have family and friends all over the country and cannot think of a better way to visit them.  And to be in our own place while doing so would be great.

We are looking for a 2005 to 2010 coach and that is the reason why I’m unable to include Newell in my search.  My company financing the coach will not accept a coach over 10 years old and my budget is $200,000.00. Two coaches I know I cannot get because of years and dollars is Newell and Prevost.

Coaches I am looking at are those having the semi-monocoque chassis.  I understand them to be Monaco and Country Coach, (I understand not all Monaco and Country Coaches have semi-monocoque chassis and I’m looking into those models that do), Beaver and Blue Bird Wanderlodge.

My interest is in a 43 to 45 foot coach (prefer 45) and a bath and a half.

As I am interested in all of your comments, I am especially interested in “any reason you would not select a given coach, model or year”?

Thank you all so much for any help and I apologize if I’ve taken advantage of your good will as that is certainly not my intent!

H.J
Thread Closed

Messages In This Thread