You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Replacement for JetpaQ

The mechanical seal on my Jetpaq failed. My fix inadvertantly permanently ruined the pump head. The Jetpaq is obsolete and Grundfos does not provide any support or parts.

I replaced the pump with a Grundfos MQ-3-45. It has the same bolt foot print but the supply line is in a different place and the discharge is about an inch higher than the JetPaq. It required that I rework the supply and discharge lines. My lines were pex, so other than having to buy a crimp tool and some new fittings, it was a pretty easy install.

Since every Newell is different, I won't spend a lot of time on details, but here are some things to consider. The inlet line is not a flexible joint like the Jetpaq, you will have to work from the inlet back to the water tank if you have any threaded fittings. The outlet of the pump is on the same centerline as the old pump, but the new pump is taller. You may have to adjust the length of the discharge line.

The new pump has a plug on the end whereas the old one was hard wired. I simply cut the plug off and hard wired it into the junction box.

Finally, the instructions and the vendor who supplied the pump warned to prime the pump before starting or the pump would self destruct. Having witnessed this destruction on the old pump, I did not need to learn the lesson again.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Replacement for JetpaQ - by Ken - 02-25-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by Richard - 09-17-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by Land Yacht - 08-15-2017, 06:23 PM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by encantotom - 08-15-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by Land Yacht - 08-16-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by 77newell - 08-16-2017, 07:15 AM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by folivier - 08-17-2017, 04:30 AM