You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Replacement for JetpaQ

Richard encouraged me to post, as I just completed a copy cat install of the Grundfos pump that Richard installed above. For those that are hesitant, this was my first time with Pex fittings, tubing, and crimping. The Grundfos pump was under $500 shipped. The Headhunter was over $1200. Thus, the $160 I spent on tools and parts was still cheap. It was a fight most of the way, with rusted mounting bolts, legacy parts that I planned on reusing that I destroyed and still did not get apart. I just purchased more new apex fittings. Not having all the tools and misc. bolts, and electrical connectors dragged it out. Had I taken the time to do a thorough inventory ahead of time, I probably would have saved a lot of time. The interesting part was figuring out the order of tubing crimps because I could not easily get the crimping tool inside the compartment. So, I fitted everything together, then disassembled, and proceeded to pull the pump out crimp, put back in, fit, pull out crimp, repeat, till the last crimp I could actually do inside the compartment. A bit of a thought process, but highly rewarding when done. A couple of screw on fitting leaks on first attempt but seems to be water tight now, and providing way more water pressure than the previous pump. So, if I can do,this, so can you :-) Go for it!

Thanks to Richard for the previous post to get me started, and coaching and encouragement to Get-R-Done.

Oh, in the picture the blue towels are great to determine if you have leaks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Messages In This Thread
Replacement for JetpaQ - by Ken - 02-25-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by Richard - 09-17-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by Land Yacht - 08-15-2017, 06:23 PM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by encantotom - 08-15-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by Land Yacht - 08-16-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by 77newell - 08-16-2017, 07:15 AM
RE: Replacement for JetpaQ - by folivier - 08-17-2017, 04:30 AM