You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH system will not go into Travel Mode (fixed)

Today was my turn for a head scratcher. I could not get the HWH system to go into level mode. The travel solenoids would not energize. I set the ride heights manually with the leveling pad and drove for a while. At the rest stop I thought I would do a little troubleshooting while taking a break from driving. I checked every fuse I could find with none found open. Not really understanding the system, I thought maybe it was connected to the slide out not locking since my leveling light and emergency brake light has been on for a year. So I deployed the slide. BIG MISTAKE !!!!!!!!  There is a very good reason to only deploy in travel mode. The coach was torqued and it racked the slide. I couldn't get it back in without one upper corner being over an inch out of flush. 

I tried a couple of times to untorque the chassis with the manual leveling but no dice. 

So, I made a jumper wire with a switch and I hot wired one of the travel solenoids to 12V. They are all tied together so that forced the coach into travel mode kind of. When the coach was leveled, I cycled the slide several times and it squared itself. 

When we stopped for the evening. I went hunting for a miracle. Since I had the hot wire to the travel solenoids, I measured terminal 75 on the HWH board. It now has 12v, so that told me the problem was not downstream of the HWH brain box. There is a fuse on the back the leveling board that I has previously checked visually but with more time I thought I would ohm all the fuses. When I moved the board to access the fuse, the travel solenoids clicked on, and the LEDs for travel lit up. Hmmm, maybe a loose connection. 

Here are pics of what I found. A burned connection and a bad solder joint on the board for that particular connection. It is the 12v supply to the solenoids. I don't know which came first the bad connection which melted the solder joint, or vice versa.

Anyhoo, I resoldered the joint, and cleaned the connector. All seems to be good now. 

A blind pig occasionally finds an acorn. 

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
HWH system will not go into Travel Mode (fixed) - by Richard - 06-03-2015, 04:24 PM
RE: HWH system will not go into Travel Mode (fixed) - by encantotom - 06-03-2015, 04:36 PM
RE: HWH system will not go into Travel Mode (fixed) - by encantotom - 06-03-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: HWH system will not go into Travel Mode (fixed) - by folivier - 06-03-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: HWH system will not go into Travel Mode (fixed) - by Fulltiming - 06-04-2015, 07:45 AM
RE: HWH system will not go into Travel Mode (fixed) - by lbrachfe - 06-04-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: HWH system will not go into Travel Mode (fixed) - by Mxfarm - 06-04-2015, 05:17 PM