You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inverter setting for deep cycle golf cart batteries

Ay chihuahua,

First I wouldn't discharge to 10V, it will significantly shorten the life of the battery. See table 7 in this literature from Trojan. http://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/TrojanB...sGuide.pdf

Second, deep cycle batteries are a misnomer. Deep cycle is not the same as deep discharge. They are intended to provide power at low amperages for extended time. Normal start batteries are intended to provide high amperage for short periods of time. It has to do with the thickness and construction of the plates.

Third, someone may may have set your Prosine up incorrectly in regards to % remaining. There is NO WAY at 10V that you have 80% charge. There are ways to charge your battery bank, set up a controlled discharge, and calculate exactly how many amp hour capacity you actually have. Only then can you set the Prosine to accurately tell you the capacity used or remaining.

If you have been running the batteries down to 10V, they may be toast. I apologize if I am coming across as pedantic. I learned a lot while teaching myself battery and charger technology to use the LiPOFe setup, and I will be happy to help you get the most out of your batteries.

Can you post a link to the inverter manual for your model Prosine? or just tell me the model and what batteries you have. I will also need to know the amp hour rating of the battery.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread