You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Add to you checklist

Richard,

Thanks for the report. I am trying to decide what to do with my basement AC units. If there was an external contactor device that would handle the high current switching, I would feel much better about these units. I suspect a contactor box could be made pretty easily and would work in conjunction with the control boards.

For those following this thread and have basement airs...please note...

1. The "fault" did not appear to originate at the screw connectors. (I had assumed that was where the problem was and had been checking prior to the incident). Look for any degradation on your control boards.
2. Just because you have not had any AC issues, does not mean you don't have a problem. This incident happened on the rear unit. (The one that had never, ever given me any trouble).
3. Don't think that the breaker will save you. It did not ever trip in my case. The only thing that happened was that the fuse supplying the thermostats popped.

As my high school chemistry teacher (Mr. Harris) said...."A word to the wise is sufficient".

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Add to you checklist - by Richard - 08-12-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Add to you checklist - by bikestuff - 08-13-2015, 07:40 AM
RE: Add to you checklist - by Richard - 08-13-2015, 01:16 PM
RE: Add to you checklist - by encantotom - 08-13-2015, 01:27 PM
RE: Add to you checklist - by Chester Stone - 08-13-2015, 03:05 PM
RE: Add to you checklist - by Richard - 08-13-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: Add to you checklist - by bikestuff - 08-14-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: Add to you checklist - by RussWhite - 08-14-2015, 07:27 AM