You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

478 Repair and Maintenance Records - the LIST

The slide rooms have not been working and after a long bout of testing with Newell it was decided that we needed a new, shiny 4" motor to replace the 3" motor.  I got the part numbers from service and gave them to the Parts department along with paying for overnight delivery.  The part came in fine and it was VERY simple to install (two 8mm or 10mm bolts go all the way through the motor into the pump and there is no fluid leakage while doing this operation).  Only problem was they sent the exact same 3" motor that I had before... One of the bolts (see picture) was also bent like someone dropped it on its head so I called the hotline (it's Saturday) and was told to call back Monday and order the right part... Thanks for the help... So I went ahead and put on the 3" motor since we are tired of living on top of all our junk, added some fluid to the mid point between the two marks and tried the living room slide (without the engine running since the alternator is still dead).  It worked!!!  13.5 volts (merged with the house batteries) sent the slide out perfectly and also the bedroom slide went out perfectly!  We now have room to roam and most of all the dog is happy with all the new-found space...  I will probably order the 4" motor on Monday (they are only $145 or so)...  On the bright side I spent an hour cleaning out the bay where all the pump motors are and it looks much better now!  

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Messages In This Thread