You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kwikee Step not working

We had our Kwikee step stop working on a trip to Albuquerque a couple of weeks back. We had driven through a lot of rain to get there. I finally got around to working on it yesterday here at home. I had been in hopes it was just a loose connection from the rain. I started by checking fuse panel. No problem there. Next stop was to pull the panel at the entry way. Switch working good and good voltage there. Next stop was checking the plunger switches by the door. One wire pulled out of spade connector when I pulled it out of the wall. Aw ha! I fixed this and still no step operation. Next I raised coach & crawled underneath to check connections there. All looked good. Unplugged main connector to the control box input. Had voltage there. Hmmm, I need a new control box. Went down the road to Jimmy's RV Repair to buy one. $186.00 ouch! The tech there asked if I had checked ground and tested the motor. I replied "no, I think I need a control box". He told me "a lot of folks think that and when they put one the new box the bad ground gets fixed". Since there is a no return policy on electrical parts I thought I would go back & at least re-do ground & test motor. Re-did ground and hooked test wires one ground & one positive to test motor. Unplugged motor and it tested fine. opened & closed door and switch on entry panel. Still no step operation. Back to town for the control box. About 3/4 of the way there I thought "did you plug the motor connection back together after testing it with jumper set up?". Drove back to house & sure enough I had forgotten to plug it back together. Plugged it back together & step works fine now. Must have been a bad ground. I think next time I will start at the ground and work backwards towards fuse panel.

Messages In This Thread
Kwikee Step not working - by pairodice - 11-24-2015, 06:35 AM
RE: Kwikee Step not working - by folivier - 11-24-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Kwikee Step not working - by 77newell - 11-24-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: Kwikee Step not working - by Fulltiming - 11-24-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: Kwikee Step not working - by HoosierDaddy - 11-24-2015, 04:57 PM
RE: Kwikee Step not working - by folivier - 11-24-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Kwikee Step not working - by HoosierDaddy - 11-24-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: Kwikee Step not working - by 3Rs - 11-25-2015, 10:17 AM
RE: Kwikee Step not working - by pairodice - 11-25-2015, 09:16 PM
RE: Kwikee Step not working - by pairodice - 11-28-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: Kwikee Step not working - by pairodice - 12-03-2015, 04:02 AM