You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air line mystery #2

You Gurus did such a good job of leading me to the pocket doors maybe you can help me with a few issues I'm still having in completing my schematic. 

There is a "T" that comes off the unregulated side of the 12V air pump--this "T" also connects to the 3 gallon air tank in the right rear wheel well with a 3/8" line.  There is another "T" that is unregulated air coming from the 3 gallon air tank in a 1/4" air line.  Both "T"s have 1/4" air lines exiting them and running side by side from the rear of the AquaHot compartment (R-5) and going into the next compartment forward (R-4) in the ceiling wire chase. 

This is where the first problem is encountered.  You can see the two air lines from where they start at the "T"s until they get about half way through the compartment going forward.  At that point you lose sight of the two similar air lines.  Going to the compartment forward you can see the two 1/4" air lines in the wiring chase.  Unfortunately you can't see if they crossed somewhere.  One of the lines continues forward into the next compartment forward where it connects to the slide seal regulator. 

The other air line gets a little more confusing.  In the wire chase of compartment R-4 this 1/4" air line "T"s into a 1/4" air line coming from the rear of the coach.  Now a second "T" in the air line from the rear sends a 1/4" air line back to the water bay on the left side of the coach and connects to the "IN" port of the left side dump valve solenoid.  Following this air line from the rear of the coach forward leads into the next compartment forward (R-3) where it is coiled up & capped off.

The first question is where do you think this mystery air line coming from the rear of the coach originates?  And what is its purpose?  Since the air line that was "T"d into is unregulated, is this where Newell ties the 12V and the main air system together?

Which "T" do you think supplies air directly to the slide seal regulator and why?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Messages In This Thread
Air line mystery #2 - by rheavn - 12-29-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by Richard - 12-30-2015, 06:51 AM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by rheavn - 12-30-2015, 08:40 AM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by qcj - 12-30-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by rheavn - 12-30-2015, 04:17 PM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by RussWhite - 12-30-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by rheavn - 12-30-2015, 06:30 PM