You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question

No, Newell has not sourced a replacement basement air unit. They are very good about repairing these units, and unlike a home AC, or even a roof AC, they are not throw-away items. They have tried several non-SCS units but have not been happy with any of them.

The motors and compressors are readily available for repair, but the electronic control board is in short supply.

It is possible to add roof AC units to a coach built with basement airs. I had Newell install an additional roof air to my two basement air units to keep the coach cool in really hot summers. It is not particularly cheap to do that though.

At the end of the day, I would probably now vote for a coach with roof airs, but they have downsides as well...1) Adding weight to top of coach does not help with stability when driving, 2) They are much noisier than basement units, 3) Depending on the year coach (pre-2006) they are not as pretty as the clean lines on a non-roof air coach.

For what its worth. Smile
Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by shortdesertguy - 01-20-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by bikestuff - 01-20-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by qcj - 01-20-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by bikestuff - 01-20-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by Richard - 01-20-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by MrE - 01-20-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by Richard - 01-20-2016, 05:37 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by Junior Guru - 01-20-2016, 09:34 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by Yachts - 01-20-2016, 11:08 PM