You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question

The roof airs are a little noisier than basement air. The roof airs are not repairable, any RV tech can simply replace one for around 1500 bucks. They do fail.

The basement airs require an AC tech to repair, not an RV tech. Compressors and fan motors are readily available. The control boards have a couple of known weaknesses for which there are some reliable and inexpensive fixes. The basement units fail too.

If there were two Newells that were close to what I wanted, and one had roof air, I would choose the roof air ONLY because you have more space in the basement. On the other hand, I wouldn't let AC be the deciding factor in buying a Newell if it were the Newell I wanted.

Steve Bare has previously offered some good advice on buying a used Newell. Take your time. First there aren't as many of them. Second they are all a little different. Take the time to understand the differences so you get what you want. Enjoy the hunt. I agree with Steve that a used Newell offers a tremendous value in today's market.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by shortdesertguy - 01-20-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by bikestuff - 01-20-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by qcj - 01-20-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by bikestuff - 01-20-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by Richard - 01-20-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by MrE - 01-20-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by Richard - 01-20-2016, 05:37 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by Junior Guru - 01-20-2016, 09:34 PM
RE: Prospective Newell Buyer - AC Question - by Yachts - 01-20-2016, 11:08 PM