You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

It's Crunch Time!

Hi All, 

I hope I'm placing this thread in the correct location and if I messed up, I hope the Friendly Admin will correct my mistake!

Okay, here's the scoop...

I'm on a quest to buy my first coach. Since I've only dreamed of owning one, I've never driven one. So, I thought it was a good idea to seek locations that would provide driving lessons before I made a commitment. I figured by learning to drive, I could escalate the process and if nothing else, learn if I could feel comfortable behind the wheel. Yes, I've had lessons both at Motorhomes of Texas (wonderful pre-owned dealership) and with Glenn at Newell. I've documented my adventure and I'll save that for a future post. 

Okay, call me crazy, but one concept I was considering was buying my last coach first and going all in and designing what I would consider to be my dream coach. So, of course, I had to travel to Miami, OK to meet my new Best Friends!

So, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger and am considering a bunk floor plan. The bunk will be a hip-height, easy entry level and more of a compartment than a bunk. Below, the areas will be split vertically and I'm working with Newell to create a Doggie Relief Area where "Lucy The Dog" can have a place to...uh...relieve herself should the urge hit at 3am. Newell is working on designing this area that will feature perforated artificial turf with a drainage system below as well as a built-in spray head to keep it clean. Yeah, we'll pick up the poop and dispose of that properly, but the "pee" will be washed down the drain. 

So, I'll ask my question bluntly: 

If we thoroughly flush this area multiple times per day, is this just a stupid idea? And, what's your thoughts about going all in with a 2017 Newell as your first coach? Yeah, I've been called eccentric and worse many times before...so you won't be the first!

Hey, they thought Frank Lloyd Wright was a bit crazy too, but he designed homes that are still standing today!

Honest input greatly appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
It's Crunch Time! - by TheGadgetGuru - 04-12-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: It's Crunch Time! - by Richard - 04-13-2016, 03:47 AM
RE: It's Crunch Time! - by HoosierDaddy - 04-13-2016, 05:08 AM
RE: It's Crunch Time! - by Junior Guru - 04-13-2016, 06:59 AM
RE: It's Crunch Time! - by Junior Guru - 04-13-2016, 07:55 AM
RE: It's Crunch Time! - by TheGadgetGuru - 04-13-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: It's Crunch Time! - by Fulltiming - 04-13-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: It's Crunch Time! - by TheGadgetGuru - 04-13-2016, 01:55 PM
RE: It's Crunch Time! - by encantotom - 04-13-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: It's Crunch Time! - by TheGadgetGuru - 04-13-2016, 02:31 PM