You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Merge dash switch

On my 77 coach all the batteries when starting batteries, 2 for starting and one house. I left the merge switch on all the time. The batteries used water but lasted 8 years so I doubt the ever got cooked.

Without knowing how you will use your batteries it is impossible to judge your house batteries. If you rarely or never boondock, then the 6 8D batteries you have are totally loafing. You could in fact remove some of them with no negative effects. Just because the factory put that number doesn't mean that is the right number for the way you intend to use the coach. You could get by with fewer or you may need more, it all depends on how your coach is used. Figure out how you will use the coach, then you can calculate how many of which of type battery will work.

All I'm saying is that the previous owner may have had exactly the batteries he needed for how he used the coach, how you use the coach determines what you need. There is no universal standard for battery capacity applied to all our coaches.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Messages In This Thread
Merge dash switch - by InfiLights - 07-08-2016, 07:34 AM
RE: Merge dash switch - by bikestuff - 07-08-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: Merge dash switch - by InfiLights - 07-08-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Merge dash switch - by RussWhite - 07-08-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Merge dash switch - by Fulltiming - 07-08-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Merge dash switch - by InfiLights - 07-08-2016, 10:11 AM
RE: Merge dash switch - by 77newell - 07-08-2016, 12:43 PM