You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Private Sale vs Consignment

Our Newell Coach #500 sold on Monday of this week. It was a "Private Sale"

I  wanted to provide an update / conclusion to this topic I originally started. This is based on my experience going the private sale route.

1.  Advertising:  I first posted our coach for sale here on NewellGurus.com.  I then used three other public sites: RV  
                       Online.com, RV Trader.com and RVT.com. 

2.  Information:  I tried to include the identical information detail in all four ads.  

3.  Photos:  Each site had different limits on the number of photos allowed.   Some sites charged extra for additional                    photos which I believe is worth the extra cost.  Note: Here on NewellGurus, I posted 20 images - all free!                
4.  Inquiries - from first post on Aug. 10th thru Sept 26:    Newell Gurus =  3
                                                                                      RV Online =  1
                                                                                      RV Trader = 11
                                                                                        RVT.com =  8                                                                                                                                              AD Inquires = 23 Total

5.  Ad Results:  One "genuine" buyer- this lead came from - wait for it .............. NEWELLGURUS.COM !!! 

6.  Summary:  While it did take some effort to photograph and write up the ad, it wasn't difficult.  All of the inquiries                      came to an e-mail address I set up for the sale.  I replied to each lead answering their questions.  I                          called and spoke with several leads via the telephone.  In the end, only one buyer was ready to                                purchase, but I only had one coach to sell.  The biggest hurdle is arranging payment and closing the                        deal ie signing over the title.  In this day and age, fraud is a real concern.  A bank check or cashiers
                     check is easily counterfeited.  The best method is wire transfer according to my banker.  I won't go                          into the details of our transaction, but in the end both Buyer and Seller where happy.

I hope this can help others make an informed decision when their time comes to "Past Their Newell  Forward"

Jerry Bommarito

Jerry & Barb Bommarito
Former Custodians of the "Rolling R Ranch"
Newell Coach #500 

Messages In This Thread
Private Sale vs Consignment - by 3Rs - 08-10-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: Private Sale vs Consignment - by jcus - 08-10-2016, 07:19 PM
RE: Private Sale vs Consignment - by 3Rs - 08-11-2016, 09:03 AM
RE: Private Sale vs Consignment - by 3Rs - 08-18-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: Private Sale vs Consignment - by 3Rs - 09-28-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: Private Sale vs Consignment - by encantotom - 09-29-2016, 05:01 PM