You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Muffler and Exhaust Tip Replacement

When I purchased my coach the muffler had been damaged and the exhaust tip was missing, along with some other damage. I ended up purchasing a Walker muffler that was and exact replacement and had to fabricate a new tip to fit the opening in the frame and rear engine cover. After installing the muffler I realized that the tip needed some unusual angles to make it fit the space that was located for it. I first made a model with cardboard and tape and was able to cut it with a utility knife and tap it with masking tape. I then to the cardboard model to a metal fabrication shop and had them make a metal version of my cardboard model. I then took it to a local shop to have it ceramic coated before installing it. The really odd part was that when i dropped it off to have it ceramic coated Newell had just dropped off some tips to be coated so they were coated at the same time. I wish I would have seen the Newell tip before having mine coated and I would made a few changes.

Here is a picture of the Newell tip that I took at the coating shop.    

David Crayne
Joplin Mo
1994 Newell Coach 371, 45ft with DD60 12.7

Messages In This Thread
Muffler and Exhaust Tip Replacement - by David Crayne - 11-09-2016, 08:31 PM
RE: Muffler and Exhaust Tip Replacement - by Richard - 11-10-2016, 05:51 AM
RE: Muffler and Exhaust Tip Replacement - by David Crayne - 11-10-2016, 07:42 AM
RE: Muffler and Exhaust Tip Replacement - by jcus - 11-10-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: Muffler and Exhaust Tip Replacement - by Richard - 11-10-2016, 10:57 AM