You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Interior Light Fixtures

(11-04-2012, 07:50 PM)Flick Wrote:  We want to replace our wall lights in our bathroonm as well as the two reading lights in the bedroom over the bed. All of these are wall mounted lights. Can you guys suggest some online stores that have good selections to peruse??

Todd....I bought 5 of these (Reading Lights)....installed two over the dinette, one over the couch, and two in the bedroom to replace existing ones....they put off good light. At $67 they are plastic (gold/brass color), but look quite nice. Tom has seen them.

Not sure what to recommend for the bathroom fixtures. I just replaced the automotive bulbs in ours with LED bayonet bulbs.

On another note, I finally converted the fluorescent fixture in the cabinet that houses our wine and high ball glasses to LED. It was as difficult as I thought it would be due to the cramped work area....had to lie on my back on the kitchen counter with my arms fully extended trying to wire it up. The red and black wires were quite short, and I could not pull anymore length out of the ceiling without taking the storage compartment above it apart. I was able to finally make the connections, and Elaine loves it. One more of the old fluorescent fixture to go in the bathroom over the sink and we are ALL Led inside except for the new ones I installed over the kitchen sink and the vanity a couple of years ago. Since neither of those is used a lot we may wait to convert them. They are both of the two tube variety and put off a lot of light when needed.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Messages In This Thread
Interior Light Fixtures - by Flick - 11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
RE: Interior Light Fixtures - by encantotom - 11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: Interior Light Fixtures - by whatsnewell - 11-05-2012, 07:57 AM
RE: Interior Light Fixtures - by Chester Stone - 11-05-2012, 08:59 AM