You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers
Photo 

Hi there
I purchased this last year in Indianapolis at Campers World - I saw pictures of this coach in the old forum list by year directory - when I bought this coach "great deal" they said it was a 35 foot unit. when I got the Michigan title setup - the serial number and information on the coach was 30 foot. From watching the conversations on this site and measuring the coach the body size is 32 foot. 
I'm hoping to discover any past information on this unit if anyone knows.
It is a short one - serial 3000RE1030D 6J

I've attached the old owners pictures, I think they were dated 2006 if that helps. Also added the serial plate and the info CW had listed when we bought it.

I look at all the pictures of the other coaches in this age range - most are quite a bit bigger. Like for underneath storage we have very little. I kind of like the shorter unit though. I'm sure it weighs less - well maybe a little Wink  

The previous owner put in an International 9.0 Diesel V8 to replace the triple nickel - the reviews on the engine are poor online, however a couple of schooly bus owners have good things to say about it. I guess I'm going to hope for the best but put aside the money to have it replaced if needed. The thing starts up great and purrs away, so I'm hopeful to get a couple of year's out of it. Any diesel options out there that weigh less and could give me 200hp? 

I'm having fun going through the coach and fixing the needed items. Body and paint will start once the weather is improved her in Michigan. It's getting close now.
My big job now is getting the wood replaced by the windows leaking, no weep holes on the outside of a few of the windows. Thanks to some information from all you guru's I'll be doing the glass replacement on a couple and doing the felt on most.
Does anyone know where I can pick up a close to match for the Formica used on the wall's? It looks like Walnut to me. I will probably be covering some with a nice textured wall paper to lighten things up for my wife. That being said I'd still like to get everything as close to original as I can and make sure I can change it back if she changes her mind.

The water leaks have also led to my new floor project - leaning toward sold bamboo flooring. should this be glued in place or glues together to keep it full floating? Any help or comments is appreciated. Or should I go with the fake/plastic wood options for weight? they also look nice to me.

I can't wait to get it out on the road, however I have many items that need attention first. My paint project is going to be tough. I'm going to be taking it down all the way to the aluminum, I have a lot of peeling and small area all over the place with corrosion, and as others have done I'll be removing all the lower items and tanks and will be re-doing and re-sealing most items.

What is suggested for the propane heaters. I think I have three or four. I've seen some hydro based heaters that look interesting. Something diesel based with a electric element for when you're hooked up to shore power. My electric heaters also seem to work pretty well when attached. Anyone done anything with updating these systems?

Again - thanks to all you guru's - it helps to have a great forum with people that have a lot of past experience on these!!

I've got a few year's of work to go before I can retire, this stuff always takes longer then you think. That's my experience anyway.

John Marshall - superbirds - Jenison, MI

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Messages In This Thread
My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by superbirds - 02-27-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by Trainer - 02-27-2017, 12:43 PM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by Fulltiming - 02-27-2017, 01:21 PM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by Richard - 02-27-2017, 05:10 PM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by superbirds - 02-28-2017, 06:32 AM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by superbirds - 02-28-2017, 06:44 AM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by larryweikartsr - 02-28-2017, 07:01 AM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by 77newell - 02-28-2017, 08:13 AM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by MrE - 02-28-2017, 11:06 AM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by HoosierDaddy - 02-28-2017, 12:32 PM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by superbirds - 02-28-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by Richard - 02-28-2017, 01:25 PM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by mharison - 03-12-2017, 07:17 AM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by superbirds - 03-13-2017, 05:06 AM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by Richard - 03-12-2017, 04:43 PM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by superbirds - 09-04-2018, 07:02 AM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by Guy - 09-04-2018, 07:15 AM
RE: My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers - by superbirds - 09-04-2018, 07:51 AM