You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

dash air

my 2002 has an amazing dash air.  i did have to change the compressor when i got the coach 5 years ago or so, but it worked great when charged.  but it would lose charge in a week or so.  so after several years of just putting freon in it when i needed it to work, i went to task to find the leak.  of course with richards assistance.  air conditioning just doesnt compute with me, but i am learning.  

a year ago i traced the leak to the high pressure side hose fitting on the compressor.  i found a small shop about an hour from my house in an industrial strip mall that makes custom hoses.  i took the coach there, barely fitting in the small paths around the building.  he cut the old fitting off, remanned the one going into the compressor, crimped a new hose on, put 2 new dryers on, new caps and all for like 60 bucks or something like that.  

i went home, evacuated it, charged it up and things were good.  it has been about 9 months since i did that and since we are headed out soon, forest and i checked it out today.  of course i couldnt remember the readings i was supposed to get so dr richard was consulted.  

he reminded me to use the pressure/temp charts for an rv with longggg hoses, not an automotive chart.  

on startup today it blew cold, and the with 80 degree ambient i was at about 12psi low and 160 on the high side.  

so i put a few ounces of freon in it and it was at 16-18 low and 180 high.  blowing about 30 degree air at dash.  

so, the hose fix worked and was cheap

and maybe i will remember the charge readings this time....or not

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
dash air - by encantotom - 04-27-2017, 08:53 PM
RE: dash air - by Fulltiming - 04-27-2017, 10:38 PM
RE: dash air - by encantotom - 05-17-2017, 01:55 PM
RE: dash air - by folivier - 05-17-2017, 02:15 PM