You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

tag and drive e brake binding

In my experience the 120v will not keep the coach level. Only an airbag system with no leaks will do that. Again, from my experience.....the auto leveling is not terribly useful.

Let’s say I pull into a level lot and then hit auto-level. It blinks for a second and then stops with the red light on. I turn key off and the light stays lit. I am in auto-level mode. Now during the night it wakes up to re-level. If it detects a side that is “down” on one side it will let down the other side. When it gets the coach level it goes back to sleep. (I am not sure of the interval that it sleeps but could be 15 minutes).

The problem comes in with the e-brake. It will not allow the coach to settle into the proper height. That means the level system lets out too much air. When the brakes slip enough to let the coach down (the creaking noise), the coach is not level to the *other* side. Eventually the coach will let out all the air and the coach will be near the ground.

My solution to the problem is to 1) try to get all the leaks out of the air bag system and 2) to mostly leave the coach in travel mode when parked and 3) if I need to level, do it manually then and *not* leave the coach in auto level.

For what it’s worth.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
tag and drive e brake binding - by encantotom - 06-06-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: tag and drive e brake binding - by bestgenman - 06-06-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: tag and drive e brake binding - by encantotom - 06-06-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: tag and drive e brake binding - by bikestuff - 06-06-2017, 09:18 PM
RE: tag and drive e brake binding - by Land Yacht - 06-07-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: tag and drive e brake binding - by bikestuff - 06-08-2017, 04:24 AM
RE: tag and drive e brake binding - by Chester Stone - 06-08-2017, 06:18 AM