You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What's this autotransformer for?

Back story:

Picked up new-to-me coach four weeks ago.  This coach has 6x Lifeline 8D AGM, 2x 2800w Outback VFX2812 inverters, and one roof air hung off on the inverter subpanel.

Shortly after pickup, I unplugged the shore power and loaded up the inverters with the AC while on battery.  Silverleaf started complaining about low voltage about two hours in, which tells me these AGMs are probably not very healthy (no big surprise).

Switched back to shore power and went to sleep.

Next day, after heading out, discovered that only my 120V compressors seemed to be running off the inverters.  Silverleaf thinks I have "60V" on one leg and "0V" on the other.  Inverters are both on, reporting no faults, and they look identical in terms of LEDs and whatnot.

My original theory is that one of the two inverters has failed nevertheless.  A call with Outback seemed to suggest that they felt the same way, and they suggested I could try rebuilding the inverter by swapping in some new FETs and other modules.

That's fine, but today I was crawling around in the bay looking at the wiring, and I noticed there's an Outback autotransformer w/ relay in the back.  Here's its placard:

[Image: 2017-07-31%2013.55.38.jpg?raw=1]

I wonder...  what is this doing?  My assumption is that it would be set up between the inverters and the subpanel to provide for some balancing, with the inverters stacked to make 240V.  I wonder if I should try flipping these breakers ON and see what happens?

Does anyone have this configuration and/or have any idea what it's for?

Ben

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO

Messages In This Thread
What's this autotransformer for? - by Nebster - 07-31-2017, 07:03 PM
RE: What's this autotransformer for? - by encantotom - 07-31-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: What's this autotransformer for? - by folivier - 08-01-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: What's this autotransformer for? - by 77newell - 08-01-2017, 06:53 AM
RE: What's this autotransformer for? - by Chester Stone - 08-01-2017, 07:33 AM
RE: What's this autotransformer for? - by Nebster - 08-01-2017, 09:40 AM
RE: What's this autotransformer for? - by Nebster - 08-02-2017, 10:03 PM