You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Will chassis batteries charge when on shore power?

Thanks, Russ. It's true, the electrical design has certainly changed over the years, and a lot of the discussion on this forum is relevant only for a subset of the coaches out there.

In my case, I'm planning to replace the house battery bank with another system this winter, and after that there won't be any merging or solenoids, because the voltages won't be the same. (I will install a battery tender for the chassis batteries that will keep them topped off around the clock.) So, I decided just to use the emergency/merge solenoid for this week, and it is working fine today.

I think it is possible that my coach monitor may automatically cross-bus the two banks if the chassis gets low, but I don't know how to set that, and I don't feel like running my battery down that far just to test and see if my hunch is correct. I could call Newell and inquire, but I have been on the phone with them four times already in the last week with other more critical support issues, so I'm hoping to give them a break.

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO

Messages In This Thread
Will chassis batteries charge when on shore power? - by Nebster - 08-27-2017, 01:50 AM
RE: Will chassis batteries charge when on shore power? - by RussWhite - 08-27-2017, 05:17 AM
RE: Will chassis batteries charge when on shore power? - by Nebster - 08-27-2017, 02:34 PM