You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Differential Lock-up solenoid is a source of leaks

Gang,

I learned something today that I thought I would share.  In my coach, the differential "lock up" air solenoid is located on the firewall above the engine batteries.  On some coaches (around the 2003 vintage) the solenoid housing is mounted with the "out" port on the top.

As you go down the road, grit and dust find their way into port and if you ever use the lock-up function the grit falls into the valve body and this can cause a HUGE air leak.  (ask me how I know this!)

Check your coach for the housing mounted upside down.  (Out port is up).  If so, you should clean out the port and then remount the housing with out port on the bottom.  (Don't mix up the air lines).

bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Differential Lock-up solenoid is a source of leaks - by bikestuff - 09-14-2017, 06:40 AM
RE: Differential Lock-up solenoid is a source of leaks - by folivier - 09-14-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: Differential Lock-up solenoid is a source of leaks - by House Divided - 09-14-2017, 09:36 AM
RE: Differential Lock-up solenoid is a source of leaks - by encantotom - 09-14-2017, 05:55 PM
RE: Differential Lock-up solenoid is a source of leaks - by folivier - 09-15-2017, 06:31 AM
RE: Differential Lock-up solenoid is a source of leaks - by 77newell - 09-15-2017, 08:57 AM