You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

How/If to seal this

While I was looking at this spot, I realized the top of my window front side windows are badly in need of attention. I think that someone recommended a urethane caulk to do the windows....but when looking at the big box stores, I only find urethane adhesive sealant. I want to get something that is black so it won't stand out. I did a bunch of reading on the inter-webs and there are lots of opinions (pro-con) about the silicone. So will black silicone work for the top of the windows?

Finally, I am also looking at the marker lights. Some of mine are sealed around the outside edge with clear silicone. (This looks terrible with smears on the paint and the marker light. Has anyone done their lights in a way that kept the water out but still looked neat? I have eternabond tape and am thinking about cutting a piece the exact size of the square hole putting behind the LED light to seal it. Alternatively, I could use Dicor behind the light. Others recommend marine silicone. These lights have a little foam sealing pad behind them, but I don't believe this is doing anything of value. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
How/If to seal this - by bikestuff - 09-27-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: How/If to seal this - by Richard - 09-27-2017, 09:37 AM
RE: How/If to seal this - by folivier - 09-27-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: How/If to seal this - by Land Yacht - 09-27-2017, 04:52 PM
RE: How/If to seal this - by bikestuff - 10-14-2017, 05:51 AM
RE: How/If to seal this - by folivier - 10-14-2017, 06:07 AM
RE: How/If to seal this - by bikestuff - 10-14-2017, 06:52 AM
RE: How/If to seal this - by rheavn - 10-14-2017, 07:21 AM