You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Arrival / departure routine

Hi All, wondering what sort of routine everyone uses for arrival and departure, specifically around levelling and slides.

Trying not to idle any longer than necessary at campgrounds on either end of the visit.

Do you run the engine while leveling or relay on 120V compressor? And for getting back to travel height?

I had a bad relay for my Jun Air which I only recently got replaced, so I have until now run the engine both for leveling and returning to travel height. But this morning before departing I tried to go to travel height with the Jun Air. Ran for about ten to fiteen minutes with the key on, Jun Air on and air gauge showing 70+ PSI. I had hit the travel button (twice because OCD) bit when I went to check the height, the rear was fully down still. Cranked up the engine, went outside and I could visually see the coach rising up off the rear tires. So it seems like the Jun Air was not enough somehow to get to travel height. It is entirely possible too that I have a big enough leak somewhere that the Jun Air cannot supply enough to both the leak(s) and the airbags.

Also noticed at the campsite today that levelling seems to take a long time. I know the HWH cycle will run for up to ten minutes only. This site visually looks fairly level. Of course for all I know it may be a nice place to build a Mystery Spot venue. Ran the leveller with just the Jun Air and came up with Excessive Slope with thw rear still low. Running it again with the engine on and it hit Excess Slope with the left side low this time. I ran the leveller a 2nd (3rd?) tiime and within maybe a minute the HWH declared level.

The other thing that gets me is the slides in travel mode. Park. Put slides out. Run leveller. Wait ten minutes. Excess slope. Now what? Return to travel height (10+ more minutes), bring in the slides, move the coach and try again it all again?

All in all I feel like I am missing something as this feels like a lot more idling than it should be.

Thanks, as always for the collective wisdom!

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

Messages In This Thread
Arrival / departure routine - by pestes - 10-22-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: Arrival / departure routine - by pestes - 10-22-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: Arrival / departure routine - by bikestuff - 10-22-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: Arrival / departure routine - by valento - 10-22-2017, 05:55 PM
RE: Arrival / departure routine - by encantotom - 10-22-2017, 08:59 PM
RE: Arrival / departure routine - by pestes - 10-23-2017, 08:57 AM
RE: Arrival / departure routine - by Richard - 10-23-2017, 03:30 PM