You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Premium Sites in Amana Iowa

I have a bunch of questions for you if your interested! Anyone's input is welcome.

Over the last couple years I have installed around 200 full hook ups for a local RV park in Amana Iowa.  There going to put in about 50 more full hook ups on current electric sites to meet rally requests.  The park was designed as a Farm Progress Show site in the 90's, the RV park was a after thought when the bid was lost for the Farm Progress Show in the late 2000's.  It is not a park with mountain views or desert landscapes with few trees but the new manager has the same ideas and visions I have.  She wants to make it a beautiful destination not just a overnight parking area.  Trees are being planted and this is the first major design influence since the park was created.  It dose not compare to where the Newell Rallies are held for breathtaking views but it has beautiful Iowa surroundings and very nice bike trails with the Amana Colonies a half mile away. 

The exciting part is they have 18 acres of virgin ground to develop and they want a couple proposals for premium sites from me.  I know that 50 amp hook ups are a must with water and septic.  What other things are desired.  The current sites are back in with a few pull through.  The new ones will all be pull through.  Most around here are around 100 feet long.  What is a standard length and are the utilities located in the middle normally?  There don't seem to be many standards out there that I can find. 

Have you ever used roundabout pull through sites?  They would like to see one proposal using some of them. I have seen them but never used them.  What are your thoughts?  

The other two proposals will be straight sites and angle parking sites.  Keeping in mind that the more sites the more appealing the development is for funding and generating revenue.  I need to find the happy medium. 

Ok go for it, what do you think? 

Thanks,
Roy.

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

Messages In This Thread
New Premium Sites in Amana Iowa - by Rjbjfire - 10-23-2017, 07:07 PM
RE: New Premium Sites in Amana Iowa - by Guy - 10-24-2017, 07:17 AM
RE: New Premium Sites in Amana Iowa - by Rjbjfire - 10-24-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: New Premium Sites in Amana Iowa - by Rjbjfire - 10-24-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: New Premium Sites in Amana Iowa - by HoosierDaddy - 10-25-2017, 04:55 AM
RE: New Premium Sites in Amana Iowa - by encantotom - 10-25-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: New Premium Sites in Amana Iowa - by Yachts - 10-25-2017, 09:05 PM
RE: New Premium Sites in Amana Iowa - by Rjbjfire - 10-26-2017, 06:53 AM
RE: New Premium Sites in Amana Iowa - by ccjohnson - 10-26-2017, 09:36 AM