You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Air Conditioner advice???

Hello Gurus,

On my coach #599 (2001) I have three roof-top air conditioners; units 1 & 2 I believe to be original (Duo-Therm 13.5k btu each, according to the literature I have) and unit 3 is different, maybe a Duo-Therm Penguin???  (I have no paperwork on that one).

Units 1 & 2 are both noisy and #2 has a serious vibration; I've read on here a bit about that issue being common with them, and I choose to replace them with new. 

Unit 3 works just fine; however, it's taller then the others, and this is an issue as it's the high point of the coach.  If I could lower it slightly that would be a cool (no pun intended) thing. 

All three of these units are controlled by a Comfort Control Center thermostat (fairly new, I replaced it last August) and it seems to work well. 

So my questions are as follows:

1)  given that I have the CCC thermostat, what choices do I have for different makes of AC units (I'm guessing only Duo-therm/Dometic?)
2) Low profile or not???  (it seems to make sense, at least on the rear #3 unit)
3) stay with 13.5btu?
4) might you recommend a particular model? (I do not need/want heat strips)

Thanks much in advance!
Bryan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Messages In This Thread
New Air Conditioner advice??? - by bryguymi - 02-13-2018, 01:08 PM
RE: New Air Conditioner advice??? - by Fasteddie - 02-14-2018, 08:40 AM
RE: New Air Conditioner advice??? - by 77newell - 02-14-2018, 01:20 PM