You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Some questions

Answers are at to my 2001 Newell:
1. Yes, there is a 120v compressor that runs periodically to provide air for the bags and other needs, and a 12v backup for the door, commode, etc.
2. I do not dump my air when leveling. I double press the leveling button and the computer takes care of the rest. But i guess the bags would need to be dumped for long term storage when power is not available.
3. I have not had to support the coach, and hope that I can get to a shop that can perform this work. I cannot see me replacing the bags myself. If I have to raise the coach using the tires, I plan to bolt together several layers of 1" plywood to support the footprint of each tire.
4. I can drain the air from my tags, but not raise them. When making sharp turns, I am not concerned about tag tire wear because the tires will most likely be replaced due to age and not wear. I once inadvertently started to drive the coach with the tag switch set to dump, and low and behold, my drive air bags would not inflate. Skinned up the rear of my coach.

As to your question regarding hydraulic jacks, I had them on other coaches and prefer to have them since they will raise the coach much higher than the bags and in some cases, will lift the tires off of the ground. On the other hand, the weight of my Newell at 25 tons may limit the use of jacks and jacks large enough to raise it would make the coach even heavier that it need to be.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Messages In This Thread
Some questions - by kb0zke - 12-28-2012, 04:24 PM
RE: Some questions - by Chester Stone - 12-28-2012, 04:42 PM
RE: Some questions - by kb0zke - 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: Some questions - by Fulltiming - 12-29-2012, 05:28 PM