You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Help me with your experience camping in your rig.

A little background on our family.  We're from Texas.  Grew up in tents, pop-ups, and trailers.  My wife hauled our kids all over the lower 48 pulling a variety of different very long trailers.  I was the lucky one and mostly flew in and out through the summers to catch the highlights of various areas.  We've hit all but two of the National Parks in the lower 48, and just loved the trout fishing, campfires, hiking, and being outdoors.  Although we've enjoyed all of our historic cities, we mostly prefer the parks.  Now for our dilemma...

We've vacillated back and forth about purchasing a coach.  We're heading to Miami to sit with Glenn to teach Carol about driving one, and make sure she's comfortable.  However, are there enough "camping" areas that we can actually enjoy in a 45' coach?  Although we appreciate some of the nicer places we've stayed, we're concerned about being limited to most of the places where you get a picnic table, a tree, and a concrete pad.

We're debating purchasing a pickup bed camper and tow a 4WD 1 ton for some day or two getaways.  So help us out here.  Given our love of hiking, kayaking, fishing, and campfires by the water, are we wiser to just get something that's smaller?

My bet is, we are not alone in this, and some of you here have figured out how to have both.  Enlighten us with how we do that!

Thanks!!

Messages In This Thread
Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by TexasBob - 06-03-2018, 08:13 AM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by folivier - 06-03-2018, 09:13 AM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by TexasBob - 06-03-2018, 09:24 AM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by zcasa - 06-03-2018, 11:37 AM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by valento - 06-03-2018, 01:35 PM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by wepaddle4 - 07-30-2018, 04:46 PM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by TexasBob - 07-30-2018, 06:01 PM