You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newbie...with a few questions of course!

Regarding the not-long-enough green hose, to the best of my knowledge there is no easy fix. I knew right away this was going to be a problem and, indeed, in two of the first four campgrounds (real, commercial, class A campgrounds) I ran into problems with being able to use the sewer because it was too far behind the coach.

I talked to the guy who invented the darn thing, and the problem is, if you want to change it to have an extension, then:

a) you can't retract the hose back up into its holder neatly anymore, and

b) you have to store the extra hose length somewhere, like just in your bay.

In addition, my particular green hose end piece was leaking/failing, and the replacement cost was pretty high.

People wax ecstatic about this sewer hose/system, but to me it just seemed like a problem. So, I took it out and put in a Sanicon macerator and a very long hose. I also removed the wet bay sink so that I had a big open area to put my hose in. The new system works great at any distance (even 100 feet away if I add a garden hose), but it is not without its tradeoffs, too. Fortunately, the Newells have that lovely auxiliary dump on the other side. In a pinch, I can switch to a traditional hose and dump over there, should something break. I'm sure something will break soon. Smile

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO

Messages In This Thread
Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by skyking650 - 07-07-2018, 06:58 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by Fulltiming - 07-07-2018, 07:56 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by edkunkel - 07-12-2018, 06:35 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by NotSoFast - 07-13-2018, 07:30 AM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by skyking650 - 07-19-2018, 02:07 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by encantotom - 07-19-2018, 05:47 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by skyking650 - 07-19-2018, 06:25 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by Nebster - 07-19-2018, 08:39 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by skyking650 - 07-20-2018, 07:26 AM