You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Newbie

Hello All, I'm Dave and my Wife of 34 years is Karen. We recently purchased our Newell, last week. #784, an o6'. I retired about 2 weeks ago and plan to Travel mostly Full time. This is our second Motorhome, We bought our first one new in 97'. A Holiday Rambler DP (330hp Cat) now with about 120K miles on it. (needs to be sold or my Kids have to take it)  I ride and race dirt Bikes, KTM 250 XCW TPI.  I have a car and race in the 24Hrs of Lemons, at various road courses.  Because of my activities I have a rolling garage I pull behind me. Its an 05' Featherlight, All Stainless exterior and Aluminum framed box trailer. It will look great behind the Newell. I enjoy working on mechanical things, but my carer for the last 14 years has kept me busy just managing and not doing. 

Karen on the other hand has raised our 3 great kids. She was A business owner, retired from that. She has since followed her passion, went back to school and trained as a Cordon Blue Chef, not for money but for the passion and to make me fat. She enjoys the Road as I do and the mural that explodes in front of us as we drive across our beautiful country. She is, by the way, a permanent Co Pilot, not interested in driving, which is OK by me, I enjoy the dickens out it.

I look forward to seeing you on the road. If you see us parked, or stopped and come by and say hello. I'm a bit chatty, so plan on spending a few minutes. Maybe Karen will have some delicacies made up.

I have been on the site for years as a guest. Part of why I chose a Newell is because of the support and positive attitude I find on this forum. Never get political, or angry or judgmental and you'll have me forever.

Pictures to follow.

See what I mean about chatty.....

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Messages In This Thread