You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1990 bathroom vent sky light

Looks like my bathroom vent has seen better days. The seal is brittle an hinges seem to be degrading. an by degrading i mean the plastic hinges/supports are starting to turn to powder as the plastic/poly/resin breaks down.  

Before a hinge breaks and or seal starts leaking im gonna replace it. Also upon roof inspection the exterior seal/chaulking has seen better days. So its time.....

Very tough to read any numbers on the inside window. Newell service parts says its a 17.3125, Or something close to that. And was most likely they dont have a direct replacement. waiting on a return call with more info.

If i cant find a direct replacement i was thinking of making the opening slightly bigger to accommodate a new vent. instead of going down in size.(then having to fabricate a plate to make up the difference in smaller size. less things to seal)

Was thinking of getting a vent with a fan. What have you used as a replacement? best exterior chaulking/seal to use?

appreciate the responses.

Messages In This Thread
1990 bathroom vent sky light - by marcg007 - 07-23-2018, 09:40 AM
RE: 1990 bathroom vent sky light - by encantotom - 07-23-2018, 07:06 PM
RE: 1990 bathroom vent sky light - by marcg007 - 07-24-2018, 12:43 PM