You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Can’t raise the coach to travel height!

This morning I left KOA Lafayette and started hearing a noise so I asked my wife to look outside the window and she told me the wheel was touching the sides, I stopped at a Pilot gas station and sure enough the coach didn’t lift to travel height (we could feel every bump on the road as well).

I went on the engine bay and there was some hissing noise coming out of there, were the valve actuators are and I thought that one of them was leaking air, also the pressure gauge read like 30 (honestly never saw the value when it was working before) I changed the coil from the valve and now I don’t hear the hissing noise but I can’t build pressure and the coach stays down.

The front wheels seem to be just fine.
Things I’ve tried:

Check if the solenoids have power some do, some don’t, not sure how that works (energized builds air?)

Tapped with a screwdriver in case some of them are stuck.

Looked at them really hard like I know what I’m doing!  Big Grin

What else can I do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Messages In This Thread
Can’t raise the coach to travel height! - by Floridian - 07-28-2018, 09:11 AM
RE: Can’t raise the coach to travel height! - by Floridian - 07-28-2018, 09:56 AM
RE: Can’t raise the coach to travel height! - by Floridian - 07-29-2018, 11:21 AM
RE: Can’t raise the coach to travel height! - by Richard - 07-29-2018, 02:45 PM