You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A/C Outside Air In_Air Out

Coach 410, 1996, has a single front SCS on the PS in front of the entry door and dual rear SCS on the DS behind the house battery compartment. I found that the hot discharge air exhausts out the bottom of the coach. The outlet is located forward of the intake air which is located under the bottom of the coach and aft of the hot air discharge. 

So, the cooler outside air is preheated by mixing of exhaust and ambient air. On very hot days, both A/C's struggle. Sometimes, the thermal on the compressor opens or the circulation fan stops.

Cresly at Newell said they used to build a diversion duct for the hot air discharge.
OK. 

To test, I have placed a divider between the intake and discharge openings on the bottom of the coach. Efficiency of the system, lack of compressor dropout and cooler inside temps seem to be realized.

I am currently fabricating a mud flap material, flexible diversion system between the two openings. Hot air should be pushed forward and cooler air sucked from a cooler location.
Because ground clearance is so minimal, I'll see if the diversion dams will make it over the terraces at the ranch, dips into RV parks and alligators on the freeway. If not, at least I had a wonderful experience learning to accept failure.

I’ll post photo's later.

Wayne & Dahelia Hunt
1996 Coach 410
45' - Non-Slides, Series 60, IFS
2008 Jeep Liberty Toad
JW Pioneers and TravelFit

Messages In This Thread
A/C Outside Air In_Air Out - by RWH - 07-31-2018, 12:54 PM
RE: A/C Outside Air In_Air Out - by HoosierDaddy - 07-31-2018, 05:46 PM
RE: A/C Outside Air In_Air Out - by Richard - 07-31-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: A/C Outside Air In_Air Out - by RWH - 08-03-2018, 03:30 AM