You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inverter shut down

K     Any ideas beside this inverter being made in China, Junk. Why it will not power my T.V.

1. I can plug a drill into the outlet on the inverter and it works fine.

My system should be very little draw since the inverters just power the 2 tv’s. When I attempt to switch  the inverter switch the solenoid works but the inverter errors as it drops volts eventually blows the fuses on the inverter. 

2. Second clue is if I plug into a gfci plug from my house it will trip also when I try to plug in my tv circuit. I can plug into another house plug and it will work fine.

3. I question is my problem the 12 volt/ 120 ac relay causes me issues, if so do I even need this relay. Could I just connect the hard wire the 120 volt wires together. I wonder though if the power would back feed to the inverter. I’m thinking the relay must activate when shore power plugged in because I have power at tv’s

Lastly I remember those plug style inverters are a little finicky. Will a hard wired in inverter solve my problem.

Any thoughts?

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

Messages In This Thread
Inverter shut down - by Johnnyboy - 08-23-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: Inverter shut down - by Richard - 08-23-2018, 05:58 PM
RE: Inverter shut down - by Johnnyboy - 08-23-2018, 06:40 PM
RE: Inverter shut down - by Richard - 08-24-2018, 09:07 AM