You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic

On my classic I have the old fuse type, the glass tube with metallic ends.

Also the fuse panel on a classic is right in front of the passenger seat and I have removed the ENTIRE dashboard to replace it with a design I created (thinner and with an electronic dashboard) so while in there I was thinking that it won’t hurt to have a better organized fuse panel and the current fuse panel is sticking out a good 10” from the front wall and is not helping with my new thin dashboard so I was thinking in replacing it with an alluminum anodized panel and have like 50 of those circuit breakers but I wasn’t sure if they are appropriate to replace the current fuses. I guess that I will ha have to try!

Now that I know that they are used in some cases I feel more confident in doing this.

In my case these fuses are the old glass tube fuses and for some reason, I guess heat dissipation or airflow, they are separated from the windshield like 10” and I NEED that space. I have never experienced a short (yet) but that is not the main reason behind why I want to change them. I will post a picture of my fuse panel and it will be easier to understand that way.

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Messages In This Thread
Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Floridian - 08-26-2018, 04:15 PM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Richard - 08-26-2018, 05:46 PM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Floridian - 08-26-2018, 06:59 PM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Keith Jordan - 08-27-2018, 08:14 AM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by 77newell - 08-26-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Richard - 08-27-2018, 07:35 AM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Floridian - 08-27-2018, 10:31 AM