You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hi everyone

This is just my opinion.

If you are not uber wealthy, and I'm not, then there are two mandatory ingredients for satisfied Newell ownership. One, you must enjoy using it as a comfortable way to travel and see the country. Two, you must view it as a hobby and enjoy repairing, remodeling, and customizing to feed the hobby. You must enjoy the technical learning that you will need to keep the coach going.

There is no financial break even. You can do a whole bunch of traveling, staying in nice resorts and eating fancy dinners, for just what the yearly depreciation is. Never mind yearly maintenance, campground fees, and fuel. It is not an inexpensive way to travel.

If you expect less maintenance costs because it's a Newell, then you will be mistaken. In my opinion they are no more or no less to maintain then any other high end motor coach. They are not Hondas. They do not run 100,000 miles without any intervention.

I do not have one regret. Ownership has provided two huge unexpecteds. The first is the friendships I have forged with other members of this forum. It's hard to describe how unique it is until you have spent some time in person with us. The second unexpected is the constant spur for learning that the coach forces me to do. That learning keeps me on my toes, and we all need to keep ourselves sharp. But those experiences are not Newell based.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Hi everyone - by LondonAiretoNewell - 09-01-2018, 07:00 PM
RE: Hi everyone - by Fulltiming - 09-01-2018, 09:19 PM
RE: Hi everyone - by LondonAiretoNewell - 09-02-2018, 12:19 AM
RE: Hi everyone - by LondonAiretoNewell - 09-03-2018, 02:21 PM
RE: Hi everyone - by superbirds - 09-06-2018, 05:48 AM
RE: Hi everyone - by LondonAiretoNewell - 09-09-2018, 12:39 AM
RE: Hi everyone - by NotSoFast - 09-14-2018, 10:07 AM