You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Howard Power Steering Replacement

This is an area where I have some personal experience. I have driven with and without HPS and I like with better under windy circumstances. I hope I never have to experience it other benefit which is reduced steering angle rate change during a steer tire blowout.
Below you will find contact information on a company with experience in rebuilding the ram and the setup to test it. They are good guys and I think you will be well satisfied if you decided to do a rebuild.
Parts are very difficult to find now. While having mine rebuilt I had the misfortunate to have UPS lose it on the way to Texas. So I went on the hunt and was able to buy a HPS system complete that had been recently removed from a Prevost. Then UPS found mine!
I just sold the tank bladder from that system. So, I guess I am parting it out :-) I still have everything else, even the much sought after uncracked sight glass.
For me it was important that the systems supplied worked. I did not want to look at controls by the dash that no longer functioned. Good luck!

Contact for Guaranteed Howard Power Steer Hydraulic Cylinder Rebuild:
Jess Harper
Lake Tool & Hydraulics, Inc.
2801 E. Napoleon St.
Sulphur, LA 70663
Phone: 337-302-5737
e-mail: [email protected]

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004