You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking at buying a Classic 1980 Newell coach in CA

My wife and I are considering buying a 1980 Newell coach that is in Lodi, CA. Does anybody know who I could hire to do a ppi on this coach? The owner of the dealership is the owner of the coach. He told me that he got it from a friend who passed away. His friend lived in it for 5 years on his property. He describes it as a running, driving coach. The generator works and it has water damage on the wood flooring by the shower. He is sending me additional photos of the engine, generator, and shower area.
The owner does not know a lot about the coach, but was happy to have it inspected. He was sure it has a Cummins engine (possibly a 903?) and not a Detroit diesel. I will use the buyers checklist found on the Wanderlodge forum, when I look at the coach. I am in Idaho, so I will rely on my son looking at it (plus a ppi) before I fly to Sacramento to buy it. I would expect to replace the tires, hoses, batteries, and belts before I drive it. Any advice would be appreciated. I also posted this on the Wanderlodge forum.

http://www.lodiparkandsell.com/index...ehicle_id=4494

Messages In This Thread