You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

North east Big rig friendly

I would like to make a trip up thru the north east this summer and fall. It's all very dependent on the health of my Mother-in-law and what support she may need back home.

Most of my traveling has been to the Mid West to the West coast and along Hwy 40 and 10 in a 35' DP. Now with the Newell, we are interested in our North East this year. I'm planning on a week or 2 at each campground. This last Fall, while in the Newell, I found limited sites capable of our size rigs and it was off season. 

1) Do I need to really schedule out Parks because of my size and the time of year ?

2) Are there plentiful parks capable of taking 45' coaches plus a full size pickup ?

It would be helpful to have the recommendations of "Big Rig Friendly places to go" if it could be titled or sorted by state or region for research. 

Did I see or read about a big rig friendly magazine or publication available for just this sort of research ?

Any insight would be helpful.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Messages In This Thread
North east Big rig friendly - by DK on the road - 01-20-2019, 12:52 AM