You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot cold water solved

Great write up! Going from a 4 minute shower on Diesel to essentially unlimited showers on diesel OR electric is a HYUGE difference! I think that when someone complains about not enough hot water they should read and understand this post.

The upgrade modification using the flow valve seems like a good one. This should help squeeze all the heat in the AH tank into the fresh water where you can use it.

As someone who spent the big bucks to replace my AH tank / windings, I can’t help but think that the double wall flat plate heat exchanger would have solved my problem. It turned out that my tank had leaks near the top of the tank. This would allow coolant to leak out leaving an air pocket in the tank. Since air is a good insulator, my effective heat exchange was greatly diminished. Adding a heat exchanger would have converted more of the heat in the tank into heat in the water. Oh well. I guess I will file this upgrade away in case my tank springs another leak.

On a personal note: I was privileged to witness and work with Richard on this project. Not only did I learn about the AH (IN DETAIL), I also picked up another skill at Richard’s Man School. PIPE SWEATING 101. He also shared with me a trick that allows you to sweat pipes that have water in them. Anyone who has worked in service plumbing knows what I am talking about. And NO it does not involve the yellow MAP gas. You will have to contact Richard and see if he will share that trick with you. Smile

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Aquahot cold water solved - by Richard - 01-29-2020, 07:50 PM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Richard - 01-30-2020, 05:22 AM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by bikestuff - 01-30-2020, 06:19 AM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Guy - 01-30-2020, 08:02 AM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Tim wade - 06-03-2023, 06:01 PM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Trainer - 06-03-2023, 07:29 PM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Jack Houpe - 06-04-2023, 04:16 AM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Richard - 06-04-2023, 04:29 AM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Tim wade - 06-04-2023, 01:06 PM