You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Waste tank sensors

I could only imagine that most of you lay awake at night thinking about replacing your waste tank sensors. Ok, maybe not. Some of mine were giving erroneous signals indicating the tank was partially full when it was not. Since the bride was well tuned in to the sensors in order not to overflow the tank, I received requests (multiple) to correct this situation. I delayed because I had heard horror stories about getting the old ones out. 

Getting them out is easy. Seriously, but you have to understand how they seal to make it easy. The screw you see threads into a nut on the other side of the rubber grommet. Tightening the inner nut on the screw tightens against the nut on the other side of the grommet, squishing the grommet, and sealing the hole. If you simply pull on the screw head you compress the grommet even tighter in the hole. Back both the nuts off toward the screw head, push the screw into the grommet about 1/4 inch. Put a small screw driver behind the lip of the grommet and pry the grommet out. If you can get a pair of needle nose pliers between the grommet flange and the tank, it’s even easier. 

It took more time to put the zip tie protective covering on the wiring than it did to change all five sensors. And go ahead and remove the fancy water bay covering to gain access. It would be very difficult to do with the cover in place. 

Oh yeah, it’s a good idea to empty the waste tank before starting the process.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Waste tank sensors - by Richard - 01-31-2020, 12:22 PM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by Robert David Smith - 04-06-2020, 05:56 PM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by LynnJeff - 04-06-2020, 07:51 PM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by rheavn - 04-07-2020, 04:27 AM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by Richard - 04-07-2020, 05:38 AM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by folivier - 04-07-2020, 09:21 AM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by Guy - 04-07-2020, 03:32 PM